Skagway is in the northern part of the Alaskan panhandle and close to the border with Canada.
Where You're Docked
Cruise ships dock at Broadway (BRD), Ore (ORE) or Railroad Dock (RR) at the edge of town (see map).
Ore (ORE) and Broadway Dock (BRD)
View Larger Map
Money and Tipping
||When dining in restaurants, it is customary to leave 15-20% tip for good service since servers typically make minimum wage. Taxi drivers should be tipped the same rate.
Skagway is easily walkable. To save some walking, you can take the SMART bus for $2 (Dec 2011).
Search hotels in Skagway here
- Lower Reid Falls/Gold Rush Cemetery - At the other end of town.
- White Pass and Yukon Railway - http://www.wpyr.com/
- Lower Dewey Lake - A few hikes start from here. From 2nd St, head east crossing the railroad tracks and north until you see the trailhead. It's all uphill until you reach the top of the mountain
- Upper Dewey Lake - a strenuous uphill hike from Lower Dewey but the reward at the end is worth it - a gorgeous alpine lake above the treeline nestled in snow-capped mountains.
- Upper Reid Falls - a fairly flat hike from Lower Dewey to the top of the falls.
- Sturgill's Landing - from Lower Dewey, this trail heads to the shoreline.
- Trail map http://skagway.com/play/hiking/
Shopping & Restaurants
You will find shops and restaurants on the main streets.
Cafes and restaurants may have free wifi for customers. You can also try the public library for both wifi and internet terminals.
Maps (right-click to save)
Skagway Weather Forecast
Click for weather forecast